When working with cream, it is important to note the fat content. Shaking it for too long may cause the cream to become too stiff. For optimal results, use cream with a fat content of 32-36%.
Tip: Note the fat content when shaking cream:
- Fresh cream with a fat content of 36% should be shaken a maximum of 3 times.
- Fresh cream with a fat content of 32% should be shaken a maximum of 4–5 times.
- Do not shake between portions!
The whipper was not operated with the tip pointing downwards. The pressure was therefore lost prematurely and the whipper can no longer be emptied completely.
Tip: Always operate the whipper with the head pointing downwards. If the whipper is only held at an angle, the gas cannot completely press the mixture out of the bottle and residue will be left in the bottle.
Not enough cream chargers have been used. Only use original iSi Cream Chargers with your iSi Whipper! The iSi system has been tailored to work perfectly together, guaranteeing the best quality. The following number of chargers will be required depending on the whipper size:
- 1 iSi Charger for 0.25 L and 0.5 L (~8.5 and 17 fl. oz.) iSi Whippers
- 2 iSi Chargers for 1 L (~34 fl. oz.) iSi Whippers
The basic mixture is too stiff.
Tip: Reduce the amount of gelatin or the proportion of binding agent in the recipe.